July 28, 2021
Dear CCSD21 families,
Yesterday afternoon, the CDC issued new guidance which recommends mask wearing for all individuals in a school setting, regardless of vaccination status. The Illinois Department of Public Health fully adopted this guidance.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, CCSD21 has closely adhered to medical and scientific data and recommendations from the CDC and IDPH. Therefore, all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to CCSD21 schools will be required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status.
Additional procedures for the 2021-2022 school year include:
- Weekly SHIELD saliva testing for COVID-19 will continue for unvaccinated individuals.
- We will continue to contact trace following a positive test.
- Vaccinated students who are in close contact with a positive case will not be excluded from school if they do not have symptoms. If they do have symptoms, they will be excluded from school.
- Unvaccinated students who are in close contact with a positive case will be excluded from school.
- At direction of the Illinois State Board of Education, remote learning will be available to students who meet both of the following conditions: (1) students who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine or who are not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) students who are excluded from school consistent with guidance or requirements from a local public health department or the Illinois Department of Public Health.
If you have questions about the 2021-2022 school year, our layered prevention strategies, or your child’s specific medical situation, please contact your school principal.